Saturday, October 23, 2010

Boys & Girls

Jason says I should write down all the funny things I hear the kids say at school, so why not on my blog? Here's what I observed during second grade playground duty last Thursday:

Boy taps girl on shoulder and says,
"Hey, are you gonna chase me, or am I supposed to chase you?"

Did you get that, college lovers? Let's be a little more clear on how you're playing the game.

Another one that I will never forget happened last year during first grade recess duty. The bell had just rung, so all 100 six-year-olds were making a beeline for their line up spots--except one.

Little girl tugs on my neon yellow duty vest and says,
"Duty, my b.... hurt."
"What sweetheart? I couldn't hear you," I say, kneeling down to listen better.
"I said, my balls hurt," she whispers.
( I couldn't possibly have heard her right.)
"Um, what did you just say?" I ask.
"My balls hurt!" she says louder, through gritted teeth.
(Seriously?)
"Um, you don't have any balls, honey. But I hope you feel better."

This girl must have all brothers.

1 comment:

Amber said...

oh my gosh -- I'm at work - and I just could not stop giggling!!! :D I love little kids!