Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good News

Jason was invited for his first dental school interview yesterday! It's at Midwestern in Glendale, AZ in October. This one came about a month earlier than the invite he got to ASDOH last year, so I'll take that as good news. I hope this time this is only the first of many invites.

I babysat my niece, September, yesterday. She's 5 1/2 months now, and she gets cuter and chubbier everyday. We went for a walk and played under a shady tree for a good half hour. It was peaceful and satisfying. I can't wait to be a mom. Yes, she cried for quite awhile at some points yesterday, and no, I didn't have a clue what she wanted, but when we got home from our walk and she was fast asleep, that was cool. I very gently got her out of the stroller and used my free hand to gather the bottle and toys and put away the stroller. By the time I got her upstairs and into bed, I thought my arm was going to fall off. (At least newborns start out small so my muscles can grow along with the baby.) She looked so sweet snuggled with her blanket.

Last night we had family home evening with a family in our ward whose third baby was born just a week ago. Today I'm visiting Shannon and her week-old baby girl. At the end of the month I'll have my first little nephew, Ryan. So many beautiful babies this month!

Oh, this morning I tried to toss some of September's clothes accidentally left here down the stairs to Jason, but they landed on our awning instead! The broom-attack just pushed them farther away, so this is Jason fishing them down. Miraculously, it worked--and he didn't even snag the clothes. He is quite the fisherman.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Thanks for the update :) I didn't mean to put you on a guilt trip, but it was fun catching up. And yes, finally I can stay caught up with people's lives since I have Facebook. It got too complicated resisting.

You'll be a wonderful mom someday!